Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Spotlight On Cricket


*Cricket was a cassette powered talking doll made by Playmates in 1985; she was either a pigtailed Caucasian or anAfrican American with pigtails/ short, curly hair.  With batteries you could put one of her many cassette tapes in her, and her mouth and eyes would move to the tape. She came with many outfits that went along with each tape. A short time later Playmates came out with Corky, her little brother. Sadly Cricket are not as popular as Teddy Ruxpin, but they can be quite rare.(especially African American ones with short, curly hair). 
 
 I may have only had my first Cricket for almost three years, but I have worked hard on making her the way she is now. With the help of a friend, her eyes work completely (they didn't at first). I spent three whole days curling her hair(she was the African American cricket with short, curly hair). I restuffed her arms and dressed her up. It was a long journey, but I'll show you anyway. 

Here she was when I first met her (not in good shape, but she was only $15. 

When I got home I started working on that nasty hair. 

I started dressing her up for fun since I don't have many of her marketed outfits. 

After a while I asked my friend Maria (of https://www.youtube.com/user/Aggirl31 ) to help me fix her eyes, and I did. 

Here is a collage of Cricket I made. 

The work isn't through as I bought two more last year. 

Please comment below and share if you had a Cricket growing up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment